Friday, July 1, 2011

Speaking of Fundraising/Fundraiser Friday - Charlotte's Chocolate Factory

Since I let my heart fall out about families, orphans, and fundraising the other day I can't seem to stop thinking about it. I really believe in adoption fundraising and have decided I want to support those who are in the trenches, so to speak, like I was at one time - and who knows, may be again someday (and no, that's not some super secret announcement). If you or someone you know is fundraising for adoption please let me know so I can highlight them one week. Email me at hismissionmine at yahoo dot com.

So, Fundraiser Friday is starting today featuring friends I made not long after Liza came home and had the pleasure of meeting, ironically, at another family's adoption fundraiser.

Charlotte (aka Charlie)
Who wouldn't wanna spend some time with this cutie? :)

Kelly and Kyle Dirkes are adopting Charlie, a sweet little muffin with the same extra chromosome that Liza has. I met Kelly and Kyle not long after they committed to Charlie and have found Kelly to be a good friend ever since that night. She's helped me with computer and picture issues, and offered valuable advice on IEP navigating. I am really looking forward to meeting Miss Charlie when she comes home. 
Kelly is putting her love of baking to good use through Charlotte's Chocolate Factory for the next week and is inviting you all to indulge yourselves and help Sweet Charlie come home. I have been told these treats are delicious! I can't wait for mine to get here - I'm hoping I can hide them from Rick and the kids... lol

I mean, really! Even the packaging is pretty.
Go on over and visit Charlies Chocolate Factory and hook yourself up. You get some yummy treats and the satisfaction of knowing that you're helping bring Charlotte home. It's a win-win, seriously!

No comments: