Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Music and Life: Fighting Dragons



We are big fans of Taylor Swift here in our house. I think she seems like the sweetest person and so far she doesn't seem to have let her fame go to her head. On top of that, she's a very gifted singer/songwriter and there aren't a whole lot of her songs that we don't love.

This one is mine and Noah's favorite song by her right now. I had listened to it a few times and just knew I liked it but had never paid attention to the lyrics. Then one day Noah asked me to play the "dragon song" while we were on a long car trip and after the second time hearing it I really paid attention and realized that not only was the music good but the words really had a great message.

Some of my favorite lyrics are:
"And the cynics were outraged
Screaming, "this is absurd"

'Cause for a moment a band of thieves in ripped up jeans got to rule the world"
and
"long live all the mountains we moved
I had the time of my life
Fighting dragons with you"



Don't we all wish for just one day where this is our song? I know I've felt like a member of that "band of thieves" waiting for my moment to rule the World. 


I'm dedicating this song to my kids. I hope that someday they all have moments like this in their lives. That they celebrate the walls they crash through. That they have friends they can trust to fight the dragons alongside of. That someday the Kingdom lights will shine just for them and that they prove all the cynics wrong. 

No comments: