He caused my computer, which allows me to daily satisfy my Internet addiction, to die. He thinks the power cord to my laptop is his own personal chew toy and when no one's watching he sinks his sharp little teeth right in. So, I went a few days recently with no Internet access when the power cord gave up it's fight and the battery on the laptop died. Luckily for him, or me depending how you look at it, the cord miraculously started working again sometime last night. Go figure. This was after we ordered one through B*st B*y.
Ricky's right, I am an addict.
This is what I found when I logged on today.
- 338 blog posts in my Google Reader
- 300+ email before the ladies in the church office took pity on me and let me use their computer yesterday
- 3 L'il Greenpatch Requests, 1 message, 1 invitation, and tons of updates on FaceBook
I have posts rolling around in my head, but right now I just don't feel like doing anything but catching up on what everyone else has been up to. But, here's a small taste:
- Mississippi learned that it's a bad idea to sharpen pencils with a knife/thumbs are more pliable than wood against a sharp blade (We have tons of sharpeners and she knows this. It's a mystery!)
- I'm not happy about how the election turned out but we're teaching respect for the President no matter who he is and whether or not we agree with his policies.
- "The Girls" had a visit scheduled with their dad, which he did not bother to show up for.
- We learned that even if a complaint is logged, investigated and found to "be founded" against a parent, they still have a chance at getting custody. We're still a little shocked at that one.
- I interviewed for a position in our church's office and hope they will offer me the job!
My unofficial hiatus is officially over and I am woman enough to admit that, yes, I am addicted to the Internet. And if Mojo comes near my computer again, he'll probably wind up toothless.