Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Slavery



My heart has been burdened for a while now for the little children who are sold into forced prostitution around the world. Saturday night I was so hit with it that I couldn't sleep-I could only pray and plead for their freedom, even waking up after only 45 minutes of sleep in an anxiety attack and I knew that it wasn't like the old panic attacks I use to have years ago. There was a reason behind this one-it was to make me plead for these children, these babies who have no one else to plead their case. At the moment I prayed for the panic to go away, cause I hate it, but the next morning at church I knew that if that's what it takes to get me to pray then I'll take it. If that's all I have to suffer to remember their suffering, then I can handle it.

I'm so grateful to have stumbled upon blogs of those who share my passion for orphans and those who have no one else to love them. Brandi's is one of those. Her passion shines through. I read this post Sunday night and was challenged. I struggle between wanting to get out and fight for those in need and backing down because I can't take it anymore. I can't take their suffering, it's too hard for me at times. That night before bed I looked up compassion in my NIV Study Bible in the Index to Subjects section. These two verses stood out to me. Prov. 24:11-"Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter.", and Is. 21:3-4-"At this my body is racked with pain, pangs seize me, like those of a woman in labor; I am staggered by what I hear, I am bewildered by what I see, My heart falters, fear makes me tremble; the twilight I longed for has become a horror to me." They weren't quite what I expected, yet they said everything I feel.

I have been thinking about all the National prayer movements that we observe. I posted not long ago about Foster Care Prayer Vigil and it has really been laid on my heart to find out if there is a day set aside to pray for freedom for those held in slavery, especially forced prostitution, and if not to put one together. It can't be that hard, right? Just set a date, get the word out, pray, and watch our Abba move.

I don't want to do it on my own, though. I know I am just one and it will take many. Plus, I know myself, and I know that I could easily start to think, "Lookie what I did!" and I don't want to give myself that chance. Please help me to be His Hands and Feet. I want feedback on dates and such. I also need prayer to pray the way He wants, cause I want to pray that all their captors be struck dead and any person who would use a child in such a way die a horrid death. I think my Father would have me pray to change their hearts.

2 comments:

Created For His Glory said...

I would be willing to help spread the word :)
May God open the floodgates on this idea!!!
Love,
Kim

Brandi said...

You know I feel it girl. . GREAT verses. .the ache of others and their pain does hurt, but in a good way, ya know?!

I'm with you on praying for those sold. . have you heard Sara Groves new album? She is a part of the Int'l Justice Mission and heard a girl speak who had gone through this and was rescued. She wrote a few songs about her and their plight. Google Sara Groves or Int'l Justice Mission and I bet you'll find something. Our denomination has a home for girls bought out of slavery too. .I'll try to find it for you.

Praying with you,
Brandi
PS The way to make your links show up is:
1. Go to Dashboard
2. Click Layout
3 . Click fonts and colors
4. Scroll down to links and visited links and pick different colors for them than what your text color is!

Hope that helps!