Sunday, May 4, 2008

Adoption Update

I haven't posted much about the adoption lately. How the home study is coming along or anything about LB. I'm pretty sure it's because it's been frustrating and when I wasn't working on the issues we ran into I just didn't want to think about it. And what were these issues you ask.... Well, apparently for a HS you need to include proof that this child will be insured once you have adopted her and she will. But did you know how IMPOSSIBLE it is to get the insurance company to send you anything proving this!? AYE YI YI!! We finally found something online that she can make work, but the agony of those weeks of waiting. OY. The other thing was a letter from a counselor that I saw SEVEN years ago. The counselor is MIA, and for a while there so was any one else who might be able to help me at that particular Clinic. It took me four weeks, but that letter should be going out to our SW some time next week and we will be moving on. Almost there, I think I can see the Finish Line. FINALLY!

Also, our plans may be changng again, but right now that is indefinite. The time is just about up to submit HS's for LB and our SW still feels that it would not be a wise decision for our family. We are looking in other areas and just waiting and praying for the child that is truly meant to be a part of our family. I am still trying to be patient, that's a work in progress. But, it's coming along.

No comments: