Sunday, August 21, 2011

One Year Ago Today: Sunday Snapshot 8/22/10

Ok, it wasn't quite a year ago to the exact date, but it's only one day off. This was my Sunday Snapshot post from last year on 8/22 - I was still so excited that we would soon be going to meet her for the first time. I kept going thru all the pictures I'd received of her throughout all those long months of waiting and almost couldn't believe that soon I wouldn't have to look at a picture anymore. That I'd actually be looking at her beautiful face in person. I just can't put into words how amazing that moment really was.

(Last years post is in italics and, now that I know her, I have added little updates to some of my thoughts from that time in bold.)

Now that we have been submitted, and I no longer have to stress over adoption paperwork, I find I'm getting my blogging mojo back some. I am really happy about that.

Since we have been submitted and we are just waiting for a date to travel to get that sweet girl we've been dreaming of for so long I decided that this week's "Sunday Snapshot" should be dedicated to her. All the pictures, or a good bit of them, that I have been blessed with since we started this journey. I know that having folks to send these to us was a total blessing because so many families adopting from her country do not have that. Each and every one was a lifeline of sorts to help me to hold on through all the hurdles that we had to go over.


This is the first one I ever saw of her. How can you resist that face? It's REALLY hard. Wonder how much harder it will be when it's actually standing in front of me?! Oh boy.... All I can say is, Thank God I had practice being a Mama already or she would be running the household right now. Ahem, not that she doesn't already think she does.
This one was next and it made me sad in a way. Cause she was obviously growing up and I was missing it, but also there just seemed to be something sad about the way she was standing there all alone. Does anyone else see it? Or am I just seeing it through the eyes of a mom missing her little one? I think I figured out why she looks sad here. She was actually tired and maybe a little nervous. This is the therapy room at her baby house, which we saw rarely get used. There's a window in the background and you can see it's dark out. She was probably ready to go to bed and she couldn't walk at that time so she was most likely nervous about being stood for the pic.

I think this one is just my favorite! Her expression here tells me so much. Maybe it's because she reminds me of some of Noah's facial expressions but I have a feeling that she and he have very similar personalities. Full of silly and stinkerisms! One of these days I'll post a photo I have of him making this face along with this one of hers and you all can tell me if I'm wrong.  Plus, you can see her sweet little hands here. Aren't they just the cutest? I'm gonna kiss those soon :) Stinkerisms and silliness for sure! I was right on about that. And I still have to find that pic of Noah making this same face.



Another one of my faves. It's just cute. It's almost as if she's saying she doesn't really have time for all this picture takin'. But, there's also maybe a little bit of a longing, "Here I am Mom and Dad, Where are you?" look. This is also one of the last pics I got that she still had her "baby" look to her face. She really doesn't like to wait around for you to get a good pic of her, you better be ready to catch a good one when you can. I need to get a faster camera :)





These three, I call the Red Coat Pics, I got sometime late last fall. She is just doing her own thing. Swinging, making faces, trying to call me on the phone. I'm sure she was asking just where the heck I was at. Notice how she doesn't really give a smile but it's not as if she doesn't want her pic taken? I think she's just really a stinker who loves to make faces when you want her to actually smile at the camera. I'm looking forward to finding out for sure. No smiling for the camera for this girl. But, they still manage to come out pretty cute.
This one I got in the Early Spring. Noah calls this her Strawberry Shortcake outfit... lol Yeah, she seems real thrilled with it too, huh? :) No more strawberry shortcake outfits. 


This is a recent one that I just got from a family that went to her region for a missions trip. They got to spend time with her and tell her about me. I am pretty sure most of my guesses from looking at her photos are pretty accurate. There's one of her famous picture faces again! Pretty sure I've gotten some shots like this in the last few months.




Just the day before we were submitted I found these on another Missionary's blog and when I left her a comment she sent them to me. She has lost a lot of her baby look, but she is still so super cute. Even half naked with a funny hat on her head! Did you notice how you could almost see her ribs in these photos? Not anymore. She's filled out, got longer hair, and well, she still likes to run around naked. Who doesn't? LOL

We are so excited to go and get her. To wrap her in a Mom and Dad's love, to teach her about Jesus - although I am pretty sure she's already heard His name before. I have pretty bows to put in her hair and new shoes and clothes. All ready for her to begin her new life. From Orphan to UnOphan, as someone I know recently said. Keep praying favor over our dossier and that I would find things to keep myself busy in the meantime. We are ALMOST THERE!


This year I am thanking God that she is here with us. Every day I look at her and am overwhelmed at the blessing of Liza. She's a Promise kept and represents Victory now and to come. And, I get to be her Mama. That just blows my mind.


August 2011


Sunday Snapshot

No comments: