Saturday, January 17, 2009

Yet Another Twist in the Journey

Last night I went to a Women's ministry function at church. Wasn't expecting anything too exciting to happen, well I did expect to meet with Jesus and that's always exciting, but otherwise nothing exciting. Imagine my surprise when I was approached with a possible adoptive situation. I was gonna put an exclamation point there, but that would imply more excitement than I want to put into this at this moment. I mean, I could be excited about it and I probably will be if something comes of it but right now I'm not getting my hopes up. I know those of you who have been there and done that know what I mean.

So here's the low-down:
An acquaintance approaches me and says, "This may be a silly question, but are you open to taking more foster kids?"

I of course told her that we were, thinking she knew of someone who needed to have their foster child moved for some reason. Then she told me that she worked with two sisters who needed to be moved to a foster/adopt home and they were really struggling to find a family to take them. And asked if we would be interested. These little girls are seven and one.

Rick and I talked about it last night and we are interested but trying to be cautious as well. I don't really feel like having my heart broken yet again. On one hand I know it could be an answer to prayer. LB is now seven (being adopted by her foster parents-BTW) and we really wanted her to be part of our family plus I have a strong desire to have a baby girl. These two girls fit that so well, but I am being cautious and guarding my heart. Another issue is, "The Girls". We don't know what would happen with them and I would hate for them to have to be moved to another placement in the middle of the school year. They have had that happen to them too many times with their bios, I don't want to do it to them as well. I also can't imagine how it would make them feel to be kicked out so that two younger more permanent kids could come in their place.

We can do nothing but pray, just like we always do. God's Will will be done whether I like it or not and maybe I'm learning to be at peace with that. Either that or I'm getting cynical. The vote's still out on that one.


1 comment:

Brandi said...

Oh my!!! That is HUGE! I'll be praying. . right now!

Brandi