Sunday, June 1, 2008

Update on the Update

I really want. to. SCREAM.

Remember I posted about the Adoption Update? Well, I spoke too soon. Social Worker was taking forever to get back to us as to whether she was finished so we finally called her and she has found something else she needs before she can be done. I am so frustrated and angry. I really feel like a lot of this has just been her way of holding us up in hopes LB will be matched with someone else. She does not want us to adopt her and they were supposed to have her staffing May 1st.

All I can do is pray, I know that God has promised that she is our child. I have been questioning it and thinking that I was mistaken, but I know that what He spoke was what He meant. During church this morning I started looking up verses that dealt with promise, Hebrews 11:33 seemed to be the one that spoke to me: "...through faith conquered kingdoms, administered justice, and gained what was promised; who shut the mouths of lions,". I'm praying for favor, that the mouths of the lions would be shut, and that Rick and I would both continue to have faith.

Will you pray with us? I am so tired of all this. I just want to have this homestudy done and be officially matched with my child.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How frustrating! It's amazing to me that social workers, whose degree is in understanding people and how they think/feel can do so much to contribute to our angst and stress.

Prayers for God's will to prevail...

Anonymous said...

Good grief! What is up with your social worke? I will be praying for you and your family.

Unknown said...

That so frustrating, hold tight to him. We will be praying!