Saturday, August 8, 2009

Things I Ponder: 8-8-09

I was just reading an article on running after spending a good part of the morning researching the city Liza is in and it got me thinking: How am I going to run in a city in a foreign country? Am I really going to be brave enough to just put on my running shoes and go for a run? But, if I'm there for 4 or 5 weeks I'm definitely not going to want to totally take a break for that long. I'd probably lose every little bit I've gained in running for the last few months. Hubby says, "Just pack your running shoes." Yeah, easy for the soccer star to say. He just finds a bunch of folks kicking the ball around and joins in. I have to decide if I really want to take my chances as a barely hundred pound American woman running around an Eastern European city. BY. MYSELF. I like to think I'm brave but I don't know if I'm that brave.

Hmmmm, what to do? That is my dilemma of the day. Any other runners have advice to give?

4 comments:

MoonDog said...

but once you get there and get used to the city and know your way around a little you wont have nearly as hard of a time. and besides you can just run a three block radius again and again if you are THAT worried about being too far from your place of residence.

Michele said...

Heed hubby's advice and pack your running shoes!! You may find yourself very comfortable and then be sorry you didn't take them. I've also been wondering how am I going to work out - can't take that long of a break! But I leave that to the Lord, I will follow His call for me each day!
Michele :)

Minnie said...

I'd pack to run (I'm a runner and travel pretty regularly for work). However I'd stick to the hotel treadmill.
Eastern Europe is "different" to say the least.

orange1986 said...

I think that you will be just fine. I run in a poor inner city area. Just be aware of your surroundings and remember to switch up your path that you take.