Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Things I Ponder: 6-2-09 Foster Care Issue

  • if you're tired of being called a liar and a "stealer" why do you keep doing those things?
  • why would you think it's ok to use the computer at someone else's house if you are not ALLOWED to use it? Period.
  • why are you mad at the world when you are the one who got caught lying and stealing?!
  • And how the heck do you discipline a kid for something this big when there's nothing left to take away from her?!!!
  • And last, but not least! How did the SW who let these kids go back home to be messed up even worse four years ago become the SUPERVISOR of the whole department now??!!

Arrgggghhh!!!! Part of me is SO done with foster care right now. I am just ready to have my peaceful, quiet, much-less drama filled house back! We have learned a few things from the last nine months though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to say it, but it sounds like you are getting good training in having pre-teens/teens around. I mean, my kids haven't tested me to that degree, but they sure do know how to push every button I never even knew I had!
Hope things are going better today!

James 1:27 Family said...

I found your blog through the Riggs Family blog. I am also a foster parent. I feel all of your pain and have been there too. I want to give up all the time but the one thing that keeps me holding on is that I know the devil WANTS ME TO GIVE UP! Hold on tight to the promise that your treasures are not here on earth but waiting for you in Heaven. We will build each other up and encourage each other when we're done. Please hang in there. So many kids need a chance to be in Jesus-loving home, if only for a moment. Thank you for laying your life down for the Lord.
Blessings!
Amy in Atlanta