Monday, March 3, 2008

Stealth Evangelism

Today I was thinking as I was wiping down the serving line, this is where my husband would say, "Uh Oh!", and I realized that there's a lot of Stealth Evangelism taking place these days. What I mean by that is when we kind of bring God in to a place without others around us being totally aware of it. The example for today was this, in the cafeteria they had all these little fruits up on the walls to decorate the place and just make it look kind of cheery. Well, all these little fruits had words attached to them and this is what they were, Faithfulness, Goodness, Patience, Love, Joy, Gentleness. I didn't see Self-Control, but I hope it's there too somewhere cause I think every one needs to be reminded of that one from time to time. I know I do. The Fruits of the Spirit(Gal. 5:22-23) were right there on the walls of this cafeteria. I don't know if the person who purchased them or put them up realizes what they are but I think it's awesome that they are there. I pointed out to one of the ladies that that is what they were and she just shrugged and said, "Oh", I don't think she knew what I was talking about. The Bible says the Word of God will not return void (Isaiah 55:10-12). I believe this, so maybe no one else realizes it but God has been let in to the House, in a manner of speaking. Another example is all these schools that are allowing churches to meet in their buildings on Sundays. If any of these churches are anything like mine then the Spirit is moving every Sunday in the four walls of the schools of this nation. I think that's awesome!

That's Stealth Evangelism. I wonder if anyone else knows of any other examples, or what others' opinions on it are. I know that it's important to share the love of Jesus with others openly and obviously but I really think that this is a great way to get it in to some places that otherwise might be somewhat closed. And we have to face it, in many ways schools are closed to anything that remotely resembles the Message in any form.

No comments: