Tuesday, January 1, 2008

It's a New Year

Yesterday was my birthday, I turned 31, and today is the first day of the New Year. Christmas has come and gone, and I'm sitting here wondering why time flies now that I'm grown. I remember when I was 10 and I wanted to be 13, then I was 13 and wanted to be 16, then 18..... and then at 19 I had a baby and ever since then my life has just flown until now I'm sitting here tonight trying to figure out how I got to be 31already and have two practically half grown kids. It's bewildering and almost depressing.

I think one of my resolutions this year is going to be to enjoy my kids more and cherish my time with them. I think way too much lately of how they will someday, in the not so distant future, be grown and gone. Am I the only one who gets a little nervous at that thought? I want to make sure that they are ready, that they know how to make good choices when that time comes. That's what we all want for our kids, right?

No comments: