Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday Snapshot: Austin

I don’t know why I keep thinking I can do these weekly blog linky things… (um whatta ya call em’s)?  But, I saw this one on Stefanie’s blog and decided I just had to try it. Maybe it will force me to blog more consistently and take pictures more often too. I am NOT a good photographer at all and really don’t think I have the will or the time to learn to be better, but I have been hit over the head lately with the realization that my kids are growing up a heck of a lot faster than I like. So, if I want to remember them as they are now I better do something to help preserve these memories. Sunday Snapshot seems like a nice way to do that.

Speaking of kids that are growing up, Austin is 13 and just recently graduated from Middle School. Meaning he will be going to HIGH SCHOOL (cue scary music) next school year. Lord help me!
DSCN1631DSCN1697
But, at least I know he still loves his Mama. Well, he does – he just may not want the whole Middle School to know it. Can you see him trying to get away? tee hee. He’s still catchable for a little while longer, just another reason for me to keep running.
DSCN1707
I can clearly remember standing outside his Kindergarten classroom peeking in to spy and see how he was doing. How he worked so hard to learn how to read and now he’s moving on to Honor’s English. How they kept telling me he was so smart, but almost every day he was being sent to the Principal’s office and I kept saying, “Smart kids aren’t supposed to be the troublemakers”.  Now, he’s been accepted into the Governor’s School. I am so proud of him.
DSCN1705
He’s even got a hug for Dear Old Dad. This is the man that has pushed him to try harder, even when he didn't think he had any more to give. He doesn't always like it, but I think he's learned that hard work really does pay off in the end.
DSCN1723
Look at that, Brotherly Love! I love it when I can catch them in moments like this. Especially since they don’t last long. 
       DSCN1709
See? It’s already going downhill.
DSCN1710
Yep, that’s a little more like what I usually see. Honestly, most of the time I love the relationship that is developing between him and his younger brother.
DSCN1711

I absolutely love this picture. It is one of my all-time favorite shots of him. I love how they are both looking at each other. This is my younger brother’s little boy, Jayvion. Austin’s three year old cousin. He is so good with him. Listens when Jay talks, helps him figure things out, encourages him.
DSCN1722
Recently we were at a party and Jayvion didn’t know any of the other kids so he didn't want to leave Grandma’s (my Mom) side. Austin came over to Jay and asked him if he wanted to go play, held out his hand and Jayvion went happily – knowing that if Austin was with him he’d be ok. Does this mama’s heart good.
DSCN1708

The Grandparent’s. They love him. And he loves them back.
DSCN1704DSCN1714








Ni Hao Y'all

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Awww, I love those pictures! Especially the mother/son pictures... you'll be so glad you have those one day :)
Thanks for joining in this week! Preserving memories is what Sunday Snapshot is all about :)