So, officially where are we? That's what a lot of people have been asking. Well maybe not in those exact words but everyone wants to know: "What else?" So here's what else we have left to accomplish before we get that travel date and FINALLY get to squeeze our little Princess.
- The Home study needs to officially be finished and approved. It is right on the edge of being there but a few documents were
lost"never received". Once they have those and I clear up a couple questions for the actual SW we will be done. Praise God!! I will probably have a party when that day comes.
- When the HS is done it will go to USCIS and we will wait for them to approve our application and issue the I171H which will need to be included as part of our dossier and gives permission for Liza to get a Visa to come to the US (or something like that). Only the USCIS officer thinks that we have not been fingerprinted because, "We would not have issued a fingerprint appointment without having your Home study on file. You are mistaken." Too bad for her I still have the forms stamped and dated that say we were fingerprinted right there in the NOVA USCIS office. I swear I DO NOT make this stuff up.
- After we get the I171 we will get all the dossier documents apostilled and we can send the entire thing to our facilitator in Liza's country.
- Then we wait maybe two weeks for a travel date!
- Then we travel there, do all the official in-country stuff, and BRING HER HOME! Can't wait for that part. And sometimes can't believe we are actually finally this close.