Saturday, September 13, 2008

Music and Life: 9-11-01



I was at work, about 45 miles from the Pentagon. My office manager got a call from her daughter and we turned on the television and watched the footage of the most unbelievable events I've witnessed in my life. After we heard that the Pentagon had also been hit we walked outside and I swear we saw small bits of ash falling from the sky. I never in all my life thought something like this would happen in America, I guess I just took for granted that we were safe. It brought home to me how things can change in a moment and how life has to be lived right now while we have the chance.

I don't like watching clips of footage like what is seen in this video but I know I need to be visually reminded sometimes. We should not allow ourselves to forget what happened to us. Our entire NATION was violated that day. Can you imagine the horror that those who knew they would not escape the Towers faced in those last few moments? I don't think our President is perfect and I am not sure where I stand on how the war has gone, but I do think that he took us into this with every intention of making sure that something like what happened seven years ago yesterday morning is not allowed to happen again.

Wher we were you? Do you remember?

2 comments:

Dawn said...

What a wonderful video. While I don't like what it shows, it is important to be able to see it and remember. The song is beautiful and SO true. I was pregnant with my son at the time and people commented about bringing a child into a world like this. I had NO qualms. We are a nation that stuck together in tragedy. Many turned into their faith to get through it. I was never so proud to be an American of faith, as I was that day. TFS

Becky said...

Do you feel safer now?