Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Music and Life

One of my passions, besides adoption and pro-life activism, is music. The video below is one of my favorite songs of all time. I loved it when I was young and I still love it now. I wish that songs like this one were heard more on the radio these days. Today's "Hot, New Country" ain't got nothin' on yesterday's classics, at least, in my opinion.



Was it the story that I loved or Dan Seals' voice or a combination of both? I like going back and looking at it with my grown up eyes or listening with grown up ears - whatever. I wonder if my firm belief that Mom's should never leave their kids comes in part from songs and stories like this or just that I love my kids so much I can't imagine how anyone could just leave that way for selfish reasons.

No comments: